Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Gifts and Glass Collection

Over the last eight years, I have slowly been collecting glass bottles. Not in a hurry as I want to have just the right piece! Above, you can see the glass bottles that I have on a window sill in my kitchen for which Ken built and stained a wooden plank as an extension so the kitties could hop up and look out. (They rarely use this since their cat tree is taller and close by in the next room -- but it's there if they deign to exert themselves. And there is room enough for them even with the bottle collection!)

Here is another view, with a surprise new addition on the right. Before we left to do the TICA Annual, I received a gift in the mail from a Bengal breeder in New Braunfels, Texas. I was working on deliveries and publisher's deadlines as well as sewing new panels for pipe-and-drape to enlarge our shooting space at the Annual when the package arrived, so I didn't open it for a few days. Then I got an email asking if it had arrived and telling me to open it. What a lovely surprise. You can see how it fits into the collection beautifully.

And above is a closeup of my new Clarkstone Bengals piece -- it's the turquoise one next to the slim green bottle. Thank you, Dave! Your prints and CD will be in the mail on Thursday.
When it's sunny outside, the light shining through my glass bottles always put a smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment