Thursday, September 10, 2009

Walking on the Beach

The sands of the Florida Panhandle between Pensacola and Panama City are composed of pure quartz and are as white as refined sugar. This gives the water the blue-green cast of the Caribbean Islands. Above is a stretch of this beach just East of where Ken and I got married -- yup, "on the beach." With no shoes. :) It's our favorite vacation spot and where we'd live if we could afford it.

We used to come here several times a year when Ken wrote for a living and we had a lot of leisure time. Not so much, anymore.


This shot of me was taken by Ken. Here you can see a little bit more of the shades of the water closer to shore than in the first shot. We'll be walking on the beach in a few minutes before checking out and heading for my sister's house in New Orleans.

1 comment:

  1. Helmi & Ken - I love the beach photos - absolutely stunning - makes me wish I'd seen that part of Florida; and it looks like you had the beach to yourselves. Interesting with all the black cats you photographed at the Annual - I love the black Maine Coon on the gold background! Aren't Brigette's Savannahs amazing.

    ReplyDelete