Friday, May 15, 2009

Piece of Cake!

Koonary Rita, 12 week old Brown Classic Torbie Maine Coon Female; Koonary Not Rita,
12 week old Brown Classic Torbie Maine Coon Female; Koonary Scooter,
12 week old Brown Classic Tabby Maine Coon Male; and Koonary Big Boy,
12 week old Brown Classic Tabby Maine Coon Male, with their mother in the center,
Koonary Star, 3 year old Brown Classic Torbie Maine Coon Female, brought
to me by the Breeder/Owner: Christie Montgomery of Koonary Maine Coons.


"Piece of cake?" you say? The reason for this title is because this was an easy shoot. One wouldn't normally think that four kittens and the mom would be easy ... but the Maine Coon is such a delight to photograph, so receptive to our direction, and such a natural and pleasing-to-the-eye breed to look at ... that the shoot was, as they say here in the States, very easy, or -- A piece of cake! We liked this breed so much that in 2001, we got two of our own to add to the two British Shorthairs we have had as companions since 1997.

Of course, any sitting with kittens is easier when the Breeder is there and she was. Christie Montgomery has helped me in my career as a cat photographer -- she got me my first cat show in May of 2000 and has always given unselfishly of her time, support and knowledge -- in addition to being able to wrangle cats with the best of them -- and she did assist Ken in wrangling, placing a kitten here and nudging a kitten there, making sure there was no negative space between the kittens. I remain indebted to her and count myself fortunate to call her "my friend."

This Maine Coon family was photographed in my studio in Bedford on the 14th of May, 2008. The background fabric is Chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment